Miles Prower, better known by his nickname Tails, is a character that appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. He is Sonic the Hedgehog's faithful Freedom Fighter sidekick and adopted younger brother who is able to fly by using his two tails as propellers.
Tails is a young, anthropomorphic fox cub with a unique genetic mutation giving him two tails instead of one. He has mostly burnt orange-orange fur with white fur around his muzzle with cheek tufts, front torso, and the tips of his tails. He also has black eyes, human-like feet, triangular ears with white canals and three locks of hair on his forehead.
For attire, Tails wears white gloves with blue wrist bands, and red shoes with white toes and cuffs.
When he was just an infant, Miles Prower somehow lost his family in the wilds. After a long time, young Miles decided he was a bird due to his ability to fly and tried to live with them, but was kicked out of some birds' nest. Miles then literally landed on top of a teenage hedgehog named Sonic and, after answering his questions, asked him if he could live with him. Sonic initially declined, but Miles followed him and after getting him into some mishaps, he agreed to letting him stay with him, eventually adopting him as a younger brother. Sonic then gave Miles the name "Tails" after he explained that he hated his real name.
Tails is youthful, innocent, sweet, polite, and friendly. He appears to be slightly gullible and naïve, sometimes getting tricked into being caught by villains. Like Sonic, his favorite food is chili dogs, but apparently Tails likes extra cheese on his. He is usually the one that discovers a way out of situations that look bad, but due to his young age, he occasionally gets into bad situations himself.
Tails is disgusted by romance. He sometimes finds it gross when Sonic flirts with girls, and vice versa. Tails hates his real name and does not want anyone to know about it, a fact that Sonic occasionally exploits to convince him to do things. However, once, he cheerfully introduced himself by his real name to William Le Duck.
While Tails has proven himself indeed useful to Sonic in many situations (and times where Sonic wouldn't be alive thanks to him), he has proven in many situations been a hindrance. Tails is very young and with him being very naïve and lacking defending skills, he's be a very open target of FREQUENT kidnappings. As Robotnik and his badniks constantly kidnap him to use him as a bait for Sonic. Sonic appears to be of this flaw and does his best to protect him, though his protecting ways are sometimes the big reason why Tails gets captured in the first place
and "Tails Don't like Thunderstorm or Lightning
- Hey Sonic Wait Up
- Way To Go Sonic!
- I Should've Listen To Sonic
- I've Been Waiting A Whole Month For This
- Dr Robotnik But Why?
- Hey Why Be Like The Rest When You Can Be The Best
- Tails was voiced by Christopher Welch, who was 10 years old at the time of the show's production. Welch was replaced by Chris Turner for Sonic Christmas Blast due to Welch's maturing voice, making Tails the only character within the show to change voice actors.
- Tails (and his counterpart in the Sonic the Hedgehog television series) has to twist his tails up before they start spinning, though this rule has been broken several times.
- While he said he cannot write due to his age in "Slowwww Going", he is seen writing in "Tails Prevails" but he is also seen to be a poor artist. This may be the case that Sonic has been taking Tails to school at certain points, as he promised he would do so in "Over the Hill Hero" (Tails even mentioned having gone to school in "Prehistoric Sonic" and having learned about the Big Bang).
- Ironically, despite Tails being Sonic's best friend, foxes are predators of hedgehogs in real life.
- In "Hedgehog of the "Hound" Table" Tails was able to use the Chaos Emerald of Invincibility, despite not being a king.
- Due to poor translation issues, the Hispanic American version of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog accidentally referred to Tails as female. In this dub, his nickname was "Colitas" (Spanish for "Little Tails") and his true name was "Vivi". These errors would also be carried over to the Hispanic American version of the Sonic the Hedgehog television series.
Voice Clips of tails!